Mary Grace's 4th Birthday Party
Little Gym
Ethan, Connor, Bryce, Taylor, Annabelle, Eva and Brayden (missing Vaughn)


Mary Grace's birthday party this year was A-MA-ZING! She was so excited and she loves the Little Gym. Brent and I were excited to not be hosting at home and doing all the work! Ms. Rachel and Ms. Kim did a fantastic job playing games with the kids, and then organizing the cake portion (and cleaning everything up afterwords!)


Mary Grace loves Ms. Rachel





About a month before her party I asked Mary Grace what she wanted her theme to be. I was expecting her to say Rapunzel or Disney Princess (something normal). She surprised me by deciding on "Strawberry Shortcake." I thought it was a bit odd since I didn't realize she knew who that character was. Upon questioning, I realized she didn't know who the character was...she wanted actual strawberry shortcake. So...it took some convincing, but I got her to agree to a strawberry theme- which sounded a lot easier than it actually turned out to be. She also agreed we could serve yellow cake decorated with icing strawberries, in case her friends weren't as crazy about strawberry flavor as her, as long as we had strawberry ice cream. It was a fair compromise, and everyone seemed pretty happy!
I decorated the kid's table with vases full of those strawberry candies (we have about 4.5 of the 5 pounds of candy left over...anyone else interested in throwing a strawberry party?)

Strawberry favors were impossible! I went to every store in Lexington at least 3 times looking for ideas. Finally I decided to give out strawberry lemonade mix. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but I've gotten tons of positive feedback from friends on how much their kids enjoyed making it after the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment