One night we took Mary Grace to see Gregg Russell. I was really impressed she wanted to sit on stage and actually sat the entire time!
After the concert she had Gregg sign his new book. It was really sweet, she asked him to address it to Miller too!
After we left Mary Grace began to complain that she didn't get picked to sing. Out of a hundred kids, they typically only pick 4-5 per night. She kept talking about how she really, REALLY wanted to sing. This went on for most of the vacation so we agreed to take her back on our last night in town. She made a sign-
Unlike the first night where she sat in the back close to us, she insisted on sitting right up front. It was much more crowded the second night we went and TONS of kids brought signs.
I knew how badly she wanted to get picked, but she was usually really slow to raise her hand. She is on the young end compared to the other kids who sit on stage...finally, right before the end Gregg picked her to come up!
We asked her all week what she would sing if she got to sing. Every time she would reply that she wanted to sing a song she 'wrote.' The song has a couple of verses, but thankfully she only sang line! She did a great job speaking into the microphone and I absolutely can't believe she didn't get stage fright. There were easily over 200 people there!
I took a video on my flip. It is absolutely horrible (you will get motion sickness watching it) because I was laughing so hard!
Mary Grace is already talking about next time and what she will sing! I think we might have an entertainer on our hands!!!
ARE you KIDDING me???? "when I was one years old, I didn't like pickles!" ?? SERIOUSLY? Did she really make that up? That is seriously amazing! ...and of course you drove from Lexington and got gas! Geez, I miss that girl! (and you!)
1 comment:
ARE you KIDDING me???? "when I was one years old, I didn't like pickles!" ?? SERIOUSLY? Did she really make that up? That is seriously amazing! ...and of course you drove from Lexington and got gas! Geez, I miss that girl! (and you!)
Post a Comment