Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Boxer

Miller- 20 week ultrasound
I had my 20 week ultrasound this week. Going into this ultrasound already knowing the gender made it a lot more nerve wracking. Technically this ultrasound is to check the baby out from top to bottom and look for any red flags or issues, although most people just focus on finding out the gender so it is easy to forget the health implications.
Thankfully, Miller got a great report!
At Mary Grace's 20 week ultrasound I distinctly remember the ultrasound tech watch her do about 10 flips inside me and exclaim 'wow, you've got a wild one here' (and she hasn't changed a bit!) So imagine my sheer delight when the ultrasound tech announced 'he is such a calm, peaceful little guy.' I almost cried a tear of joy!
Seriously though, he didn't move an inch the entire time- until she tried to look at his face. And then he turned into quite a boxer. Every time she went anywhere near his face he would punch. It was so funny! He must have done it 10-15 times before she could get a good enough look at his head. In the picture you can see him punching what is probably my bladder.
Not much other Miller news to report. It is exciting being at 20 weeks- half way! And yes, I've shamelessly been singing a little Bon Jovi..."Whooah, we're half way there"
Brent and I agreed on bedding for his nursery. The other day Brent wanted to surprise me so he ordered it. But then he got so excited that he called me and told me as soon as he did it. Too funny! We're both excited for it to arrive, although we have a lot of cleaning to do before the 4th bedroom can be considered a nursery!
At some point soon the blog will re-locate. It's in the works (aka, on my to-do list). Clearly when I started this blog the idea of a 2nd child was unimaginable!

1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

YOu deserve a peaceful one after Crazy Girl!! Can't wait to meet Lil Miller!!!