Friday, August 26, 2011

Cheerleading

Last night Mary Grace started Cheerleading
About a month ago Brent and I decided to let her pick 1 activity for the fall. We gave her the option of dance, soccer or gymnastics. And she picked cheerleading. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since she's OBSESSED with cheerleaders. Hopefully she'll enjoy!
Of course, when I started looking into cheerleading for this age (I was picturing her on the side lines at a football game) I found it doesn't really exist. So she's taking lessons at a very competitive gym. Her instruction will be a lot of tumbling, core strengthening and jumps. If nothing else, it should wear her out!

Parents being in the gym taking pictures is frowned upon (actually there is a huge sign that says- ONLY COACHES and ATHLETES allowed in gym). I had to sneak a few pictures before going upstairs to watch though!

No comments: