Mary Grace has recently entered a stage where you absolutely have no idea what is going to pop out of her mouth next. Sometimes it is funny or cute. Other times it can be embarrassing or rude. She is very sassy and very outspoken. And unfortunately for us, her voice is SO loud. Most comments said in public are heard by all.
I started writing down some of the more interesting things she's said over the last couple of weeks. I am going to try (while she is in this stage) to do similar posts from time to time.
________
"Mommy, if my teeth fall out the fairy brings me money. What do you think I would get if my finger falls off?"
________
At Chick-Fil-A we saw an elderly man (in her defense, he was REALLY old looking). Mary Grace stopped in her tracks and (loudly) asked "Mommy, is that God?"
________
She has started occasionally referring to her eyes as her "i-pods." She will say things like "my i-pods are watering"
_________
Mary Grace: "I need a band aid. My finger is about to bleed"
Sarah: "why? Is it hurt?"
MG: "No. Let's just put a band aid on in case"
________
Sarah: "I need you to clean up your toys"
MG: "Yeah, THAT'S not going to happen"
(for the record, she did get in major trouble for saying that...with this much attitude at 3, who wants to adopt her during her teenage years?)
_______
Mary Grace has started using the expression "It's a miracle." I don't know where she picked it up, but she actually uses it at appropriately sarcastic times. Mommy cooks a good dinner- "It's a miracle." Daddy arrives somewhere on time "It's a miracle." Funny. When she uses it in public- not so funny! Slow service at a resturant and we finally get our meal "It's a miracle."
________
While washing her hands-
Sarah: "Mary Grace, just one squirt of soap"
MG: "Fine. But when you aren't looking I use 10 squirts"
________
After being told she could not watch a cartoon-
"I just called Jesus on my cell phone. He said I could watch Dora."
________
Do we move too much???-
Sarah: "Mary Grace, are your Barbies playing school?"
MG: "No, they're just playin' realtor"
2 comments:
Jesus called. He said I could watch Dora. That's fantastic.
I LOVE these posts!!! She is HYSTERICAL!!! and ditto Caroline :)
Post a Comment