Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Toys

Brent won an iPad in a 4th quarter sales contest. I am so proud of him and his team! I distinctly remember telling him that I thought it was cool, but didn't really see what the big deal was. Oh, I was wrong. Our entire house is officially obsessed.
One 'app' that I was allowed to download is ColorSplash. It turns your pictures black and white and then allows you to color in any area that you want. I have had a really good time playing with this program. Here are some of my favorites-


My neighbor Lori came over the other night for dinner and we played with some of her pictures. Here is my favorite one of her husband and 2 boys on the beach-



As if that wasn't enough photography excitement, we just purchased a much needed, much desired 'real' camera. This has been a long time coming! Recently Brent told me that we could move forward on the purchase...as soon as I started using my Flip that he bought me last March (this was also a much desired purchase that sat in the box for 9 months). One of my New Year's resolutions was to make this happen- so for the past 3 weeks I've been recording everything on our Flip (still haven't figured out how to get the video's off the Flip and onto my computer/blog...but fortunately, that wasn't part of the deal!)
Anyway, on Sunday we purchased a Nikon D7000. I'm super excited, but I don't have a clue how to use it! Bear with me as I learn!
In my opinion, this was the worst possible time to buy a new camera because we are pretty much couped up in the house. I had to shake things up a little bit by allowing Mary Grace to jump on her bed while I practiced with my new camera. I am less than thrilled with my results, but it is a start...





I sent Mary Grace up to her room to get a smock for painting and she came back down wearing this hat- it made me laugh!








1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

Wow, she's becoming such a big girl!!! I'm SO jealous of the iPad - i really want one!! Now hurry up and learn how to use the Flip - I want videos!!