This year we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at home in Lexington. We were thrilled that 'Nana' could join us!
Before Christmas Eve Church Service

After church we went to the Kentucky Horse Park to see the Christmas lights. They had a very cool 9-mile stretch of lights. After we got home we let Mary Grace open 1 special Christmas present (new Christmas pj's).
Mary Grace was very particular about the food we left out for Santa. She insisted on leaving a salad for him (NO clue why she thought this was necessary)

We put Mary Grace to bed and waited...and waited...and waited. The girl is stubborn and she was bound and determined to wait up for Santa. Every time I went into her room to check on her, assuming she was asleep, she was sitting up in bed staring out her window. Around midnight Brent convinced her to unplug the pink tree in her room- assuring her that Santa could still see it- and she must have nodded off sometime after that!
Brent and I woke up early and plugged her tree back in hoping that she would think Santa did it. When she woke up she immediately told us that Santa did not come. I asked her why and she replied "I must have been on the naughty list." She was REALLY sad. I think she thought because she didn't actually see Santa that he must not have come. Apparently we didn't do a very good job explaining to her how the night would work!
Brent and I woke up early and plugged her tree back in hoping that she would think Santa did it. When she woke up she immediately told us that Santa did not come. I asked her why and she replied "I must have been on the naughty list." She was REALLY sad. I think she thought because she didn't actually see Santa that he must not have come. Apparently we didn't do a very good job explaining to her how the night would work!
Thankfully, Santa did come!
Mary Grace got her Spider Man, a car, and a boat!
She also got her first Barbie stuff-


And Disney Princess Roller Skates
We were all very excited to wake up to a White Christmas! After breakfast we headed out to play in the snow with her new toy.

Christmas with Mary Grace was so much fun this year! She was so genuinely excited about all of her presents and she honestly kept talking about how much fun it was to celebrate Baby Jesus' birthday.
One of her Christmas Presents- Spiderman- has become quite the humorous gift. We have absolutely no idea why she wanted one, but she is terrified of it. 'Santa' bought her one that goes in the bathtub (thinking it wouldn't be a total waste) and she absolutely will not allow it anywhere near her. But the best part, she went back to school and when the teachers asked each kid to tell the class what their favorite Christmas gift was- Mary Grace said 'Spiderman.' Her teachers thought it was so funny because she is super girly...but just putting two and two together...we think she might already be trying to impress the boys (apparently it worked too- Ms. Jennifer said all the boys wanted to hear about it!) Oh my!!
No comments:
Post a Comment