So here's a blog post with about a month worth of random Miller information. Poor little guy doesn't get a whole lot of mention compared to his crazy big sister and all her pictures!
Right before Thanksgiving Brent's office threw us a surprise lunch. It was unbelievably thoughtful and the amount of detail and planning that went into it was amazing. The whole thing was golf themed- food, decorations, dessert!
I don't have a ton of pictures to share for two reasons-
First, it was a surprise so I didn't have my camera with me.
And secondly, I've already decided that I'm going to copy the whole thing for Miller's first birthday party- so I don't want to ruin the party by sharing all the details now!
This gift got quite a few 'boos', but we LOVE it!

And I'm already pretty convinced this is going to be the magic sleep aid. It's called a Nap Nanny and it looks so comfortable that I secretly want one for myself!

The nesting phase of this pregnancy has been fun. I'm actually not sure I ever went through it with Mary Grace so I'm double up this time around! My Christmas cards went out, my decorations were up and all of my shopping was done before Thanksgiving! Now I'm bored. I literally CAN'T think of things I need to do...so I've been creating work.
Cooking has turned into a new hobby (and I don't even really like to cook!)-
True Story- the day we brought Mary Grace home from the hospital we did not have 1 single diaper in our house. Somehow in all of our shopping and preparing we had left out that minor detail. So this time around I've been buying packs when I have a good coupon or see a good deal.
Almost as sad as not having diapers for Mary Grace- when I mentioned to Brent that I'd seen a good deal on diapers the other day, he looked at me and said "you mean, you don't think we have enough?" Uh, no.
Miller's room got a tiny touch of Christmas decorating-
For weeks now my belly has become something of a public spectacle. I kid you not, EVERYONE talks to me about it. It is not uncommon during 1 quick trip to the grocery store for 4 or 5 different people to ask if I'm having twins, or set to give birth immediately.
Brent even witnessed it the other weekend when a cashier checking us out yelled over to several other cashiers "look at her, she's not even due for another 7 weeks...and it's not twins!"
It's embarrassing!
Santa even commented that I might want to give him the baby's Christmas list because he was pretty sure the baby would be here before Christmas!
So...along those lines...I've been having contractions (and if these are considered "mild" then I can't imagine anyone who wants to actually be in labor. Yay c-section!) So at my doctor's appointment last Monday my doctor wanted to just make sure everything was okay. I spent an hour hooked up to a machine measuring the contractions and then they did an ultrasound.

The bottom line is that I'm showing no other signs of pre-term labor- but Miller is measuring "huge." He's in the highest percentage for babies of his gestation.
This means 1 of 2 things-
We either have his gestational age wrong, in which case I'm further along that we think and I could be in for a surprise.
Or, he is just going to be 1 massive baby.
My doctor is leaning towards the latter since Mary Grace was 8 lbs 3 oz born at 39 weeks. She said she'd be a whole lot more concerned if he was measuring small, given Mary Grace's birth weight.
That's pretty much all of the Miller news for now. At this point, we're still on for January 10th (5.5 weeks from now!) I am SO ready to not be pregnant, but not completely sure I'm ready to have a newborn around!
No comments:
Post a Comment