Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa

Mary Grace's Santa Visit 2011
Mary Grace was very serious when telling Santa her list this year (but MUCH improved from last year when she totally freaked out!). The 3 things on her list are:
1. a camera
2. the Squinkie shell
3. "the thing where Rapunzel lives and twirls around" (the Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle)
The morning we went to visit Santa I had one of those mom moments where you'll always wish you could have a do-over.
After breakfast I told Mary Grace that as soon as I finished cleaning up the kitchen we'd get her dressed up to go see Santa. She came back in the kitchen after about 5 minutes with 3 of her favorite princess dresses and very seriously said "Mommy, I'm having trouble deciding which one would look best for Santa."
I guess when I said "dressed up" she thought I meant "dress up." For a split second I thought about letting her wear one, but then the perfect Christmas picture image got the best of me and I decided to make her to wear the outfit I'd planned.
She was really disappointed over our misunderstanding and, in the long run, I'm mad at myself. She would have looked ridiculous dressed up as Cinderella or Rapunzel on Santa's lap, but that's SO HER right now. Oh, how I wish I could get that moment back!
This past weekend Brent and I decided to take Mary Grace to the Melting Pot for the first time. They were doing a special kids day- Fondue with Santa.
Brent and I LOVE the Melting Pot. We've spent many anniversaries and birthdays celebrating there. In fact, we went to the original Melting Pot (in Orlando) on our last night just the two of us before Mary Grace was born.
So we were really excited to take Mary Grace for the first time-
Unfortunately, she was way more excited about the smoothie!


If I had to guess, I'd say Santa thinks Mary Grace has been a pretty good girl this year. A little elf told me that he's already got her presents made and ready to go!

No comments: