Christmas Eve 2011
(our automatic timer family picture before church)
This year was a very different, but very special Christmas Eve and Christmas. For the first time ever, we spent the 2 days at our home- just us. Of course we missed being with both of our extended families, but I have to say the 2 days were very precious time for us!
On Christmas Eve, Brent and I volunteered to work the nursery at church. This allowed Mary Grace to attend the children's program, and then all 3 of us were able to go to the next service together. After church we went to a Chinese Restaurant (not as random as it sounds- when I was growing up our best family friends always ate Chinese on Christmas Eve. I always thought it was cool, so Brent and I planned in advance that we'd adopt their tradition!)
When we got home from dinner Mary Grace was allowed to open up 1 present- PJ's!
She wrote a note to Santa, put out cookies, carrots, an apple and cheese, and headed off to bed!
Thankfully she was so exhausted from the week that she went right to sleep (last year it was pushing midnight before she fell asleep- she tried her best to see Santa!)
Brent and I surprised Mary Grace with a trampoline from us. There was A LOT of assembly required which made for a rather long night!
No comments:
Post a Comment