Easter 2011...sort of...
As I said in the previous post, Brent and I arrived home VERY late Saturday night. We also woke up early for church. Very little sleep coupled with the fact that we'd had a professional photographer taking all of our pictures for the last week, I wasn't very on top of the picture taking. In fact, I only snapped about 10 pictures total (truly the smallest amount ever. It usually takes at least 30 to get a few decent pictures of Mary Grace!) Anyway, I'm glad I didn't waste my time taking pictures because unfortunately my camera settings were all messed up. This is the only picture that turned out from the morning-
So yesterday I had the brilliant idea to put Mary Grace in her Easter dress for church and re-take a few Easter shots.
Clearly Mary Grace did not share in my enthusiasm. These few were truly the best of the bunch! I wouldn't normally post such bad shots, but I'm ready to put the Easter post behind me and move on!


Apparently at school on Tuesday all of the children were asked to stand up and tell the class what they did for Easter. Mary Grace's teacher told me most kids talked about church, lunch, the Easter bunny and/or family. Mary Grace insisted, very dramatically, ALL she did for Easter was 'go to Kroger.' WHAT???
Also, Mary Grace has been very in to the Easter story. I have heard her recite it a thousand times over the last month. I love how real it seems to her, although she gets some of her facts a little mixed up and lets her imagination get carried away. Here are a few examples of the Easter story in action in Mary Grace's head:
1. She has been playing "rise from the dead" with her stuffed animals. Cute, at first. But a little concerning too.
2. A few weeks ago I told her that I thought she needed a time out. She replied "nah. Jesus already died for my sins so I don't think I need a time out."
3. She is fascinated with the 'bad guys' who called Jesus names and crowned him with thorns. Now whenever we see someone who looks the least bit mean (in her head...not sure where she gets her information?) she asks me if he's a 'bad guy.'
1 comment:
OMG - best post EVER!!! She is HYSTERICAL!!! Love it!! See you soon :)
Post a Comment