Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf
April 19th-22nd, 2011
Savannah, GA
Brent and I spent last week in Savannah, Georgia for The Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf Tournament. I have to brag on Brent a little bit. He actually won this trip by being one of the top 5 managers in the country for a sales contest. The Lexington office worked incredibly hard and we were so proud of their dedication to the competition!
After an early morning flight on Tuesday (Mary Grace had her first true sleepover at a friend's house. She spent the night with her friend, Sam!) I spent the day at the pool and Brent headed out to the golf course.
That evening there was a pre-cocktail party on the lawn with the Personal Markets side of Liberty.
Joey, Stephanie, Brent and Sarah
Joey is one of the Sales Representatives in Brent's office
Stephanie, Stacy, Pam, Bill, Traci and Sarah
Pretty much all week we were followed around by our own Paparazzi. Since we were able to pull the photos off of Liberty's website it didn't make sense to take my own pictures.
Wednesday night was quite definitely the coolest night ever. Liberty rented out a park in the middle of downtown Savannah. We had a cocktail party around this fountain.
Then we were escorted to a huge open field filled with picnic chairs, tables and baskets. I can't even describe how cool this dinner was!
We all formed little groups with the chairs/tables and enjoyed the most gourmet picnic!
After dinner we were treated to a concert by Gary Sinise & The Lt Dan Band. They were amazing! I highly recommend seeing them if/when they are in your area.
Gary Sinise is in a bunch of movies- most famously, Forest Gump (he plays Lt. Dan). And I think he's currently on CSI. He is a huge supporter of the military and they did several touching tributes along with tons of other well known songs. Most of the band members were on our flight from Savannah to Charlotte on Saturday and they were incredibly nice. We are big fans now!
After another day out on the golf course (Brent) and at the spa (Sarah), we had a fabulous dinner on Thursday evening.
Our entertainment that evening was Kenny Rogers! Seriously, it was SO surreal having Kenny do a private concert for our small group.
After an early morning flight on Tuesday (Mary Grace had her first true sleepover at a friend's house. She spent the night with her friend, Sam!) I spent the day at the pool and Brent headed out to the golf course.That evening there was a pre-cocktail party on the lawn with the Personal Markets side of Liberty.
Joey, Stephanie, Brent and Sarah
Joey is one of the Sales Representatives in Brent's office
Stephanie, Stacy, Pam, Bill, Traci and Sarah
Pretty much all week we were followed around by our own Paparazzi. Since we were able to pull the photos off of Liberty's website it didn't make sense to take my own pictures. This is one of 3 pictures I took on the entire trip. View out our hotel room window.
On Wednesday Brent and his team won the tournament.
Brent, Laura and Dave
Wednesday night was quite definitely the coolest night ever. Liberty rented out a park in the middle of downtown Savannah. We had a cocktail party around this fountain.
Then we were escorted to a huge open field filled with picnic chairs, tables and baskets. I can't even describe how cool this dinner was!
We all formed little groups with the chairs/tables and enjoyed the most gourmet picnic!
After dinner we were treated to a concert by Gary Sinise & The Lt Dan Band. They were amazing! I highly recommend seeing them if/when they are in your area.
Gary Sinise is in a bunch of movies- most famously, Forest Gump (he plays Lt. Dan). And I think he's currently on CSI. He is a huge supporter of the military and they did several touching tributes along with tons of other well known songs. Most of the band members were on our flight from Savannah to Charlotte on Saturday and they were incredibly nice. We are big fans now!
After another day out on the golf course (Brent) and at the spa (Sarah), we had a fabulous dinner on Thursday evening.
Our entertainment that evening was Kenny Rogers! Seriously, it was SO surreal having Kenny do a private concert for our small group.the view from our table
The first round of the tournament was on Friday so we headed over early to see some of the players. I planned on finally taking some pictures, but unfortunately they wouldn't let me bring my camera onto the course. We took 2 quick pictures in the clubhouse before locking my camera in a locker in the spa (interesting experience being 'known' by the spa employees..."of course, Mrs. Bowlin, we can get you a complimentary locker." Wish all of life could be like this!)
Brent and Joey

After walking the course for a few hours we headed to Liberty Mutual's Hospitality tent on 18. It was so much fun eating lunch on the deck and watching everyone finish.
Towards the end of the day we headed back to the hotel to catch a shuttle to the airport. We rode with some friends so we could go pick up our rental car.
After leaving Savannah we headed to Hilton Head Island to celebrate Brent's 30th Birthday. I have absolutely no idea why I didn't take a single picture? I guess I got a little too used to having professional photographers following us around!
This was the last picture we took on the trip-
On the beautiful Savannah waterfront in front of our hotel
We stayed on the beach, ate our favorite Hilton Head food, and enjoyed 1 more day of vacation before flying home late Saturday night. The storms made our return a little dicey, but I think the airlines appreciated that everyone was attempting to get home for Easter.
I promise...the next post will have pictures that include Mary Grace!

1 comment:
SO fun!! The life of a celebrity!! Way to go BRENT!! (next time, bring me!) :)
Post a Comment