Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

As a family, we have SO much to be thankful for this holiday season!
At the top of the list- this blue eyed, smiley, sassy little Turkey!
Mary Grace's pre-school class had a small Thanksgiving gathering. They made a 'blessing mix' snack, a craft, sang a few songs and recited their November memory poem and verses.
Turkey...or moose?


I asked Mary Grace why she made this headband at school and she replied-
"it's not a headband, it's a hat. and I made it because my teacher told me to"
Clearly, she was not overly impressed with the Thanksgiving story!
We have been doing '30 days of Thanks' with Mary Grace this month. Each day I ask her to come up with something she is thankful for. She writes it down and we've got them all hanging on our fridge. On November 1st she said she was thankful for the bad guys. November 2nd she was also thankful for the bad guys becoming good guys. Sensing a pattern, I made up a rule that she couldn't repeat anything. I kid you not, every single day she attempts to repeat this and struggles to think of other things.

So imagine my lack of surprise (but horror) when every parent in the class received a book of what the class was thankful for this year.
Here's Mary Grace's page-
And again, when I picked her up from Little Gym Friday night and found they made place mats with what they were thankful for-
Kind of wishing they would just stick to these cute crafts-
Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: