Sunday, November 20, 2011

Medical Mystery

Most kids get the flu or strep throat this time of year. Or possibly an ear infection.
Does Mary Grace have any of these problems? Nope.
She's got red, swollen hands that just can't be explained.

These pictures don't even begin to do the condition justice-

Clearly, it's been an interesting weekend.
Friday night she went to Parent's Night Out at Little Gym for 3 hours. When I picked her up I noticed her hands looked red, but didn't really examine them. I assumed she'd washed her hands a couple of times and they were dry. She put lotion on them and went to bed.
When she woke up on Saturday I immediately knew it wasn't just dry hands.
She's been examined by 2 doctors and they are both completely stumped.
The 2 theories are either a virus or allergic reaction, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) she isn't presenting typical symptoms of either.
48 hours later there's little to no change in her hands.
Bizarre, huh?

2 comments:

Stephanie Ellis said...

Hand foot and mouth? No idea!! Hope it goes away as quickly as it came on. These kids pick up some strange things!!

the harrison family said...

is she having a fever too?