I honestly can't tell you how we went from Halloween to November 15th. Even worse, it took looking back on my cameras to even remember what we've done for the last 2 weeks (and sadly, I got lazy about taking pictures and didn't get nearly as many as I typically do.) I really feel like our life is on fast forward!
Our weekly lunch with Team Calihan
Vaughn, Mary Grace, Eva and Bryce
One of Mary Grace's best friend's from school last year, Jeremiah, is in Kindergarten this year. Unfortunately, with his new schedule it is really hard to get together. Since the schools were out for Election Day last week, we arranged an all day play date. You would have thought we were counting down the days until Christmas. Mary Grace (and her other best friend, Sam) were SO EXCITED about "Jeremiah Day." The kids spent the morning at my house, had lunch at the park, and then Sam's mom, Ruth, took the kids for the afternoon.
Jeremiah, Sam and Mary Grace
I am in a Bible Study (BSF) on Wednesday mornings while Mary Grace is in school. Several members of my small group have started meeting at the mall after BSF. I run and grab Mary Grace from school and meet them there to play and eat.
Mary Grace and Annabelle
Brent went with some friends last weekend to the mountains to do some off roading. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what this consists of, but I know he had a great time!
Mary Grace's class (and the other pre-school class) took a field trip to the library. It actually turned out to be a really great time for the kids. The librarian did a fall/Thanksgiving theme with all her books, songs and activities.
Doing the 'Turkey-Pokey' (think hokey pokey)
My Aunt and Cousin came to visit Lexington, The University of Kentucky and us! We had SO much fun having them in town! While we refuse to endorse UK because of our loyalty to UT, we would be thrilled to have Patricia in Lexington (there is a promise of weekly dinners and laundry services if she chooses to come here!)
Cheerleading continues to be the highlight of Mary Grace's life. At our parent/teacher conference, Mary Grace's teacher told us that cheerleading is ALL she talks about when it is her turn to share. We think it is funny she talks about it like it is her life (since she really only does it 1 hour per week), but we're glad she's so happy and loves it!
One funny thing I've noticed since Mary Grace started cheerleading- she can basically get away with murder at home in the name of 'practice.' It is not uncommon for me to walk into a room and find her practicing stunts by standing in a chair or on a table, walking her feet up the wall to get herself into handstand position, or doing back bends off furniture to practice her back walk over. I hate to squash her enthusiasm to practice and improve...but I had to draw the line when I caught her using the edge of the bathtub as a balance beam! Yikes!
1 comment:
The feeling of time flying only gets worse with two kids!! Granted I had to move cross-country, so maybe it won't be as bad for you.
MG is so cute! Love her cheerleading tumbling pics!
Post a Comment