It's officially on the calendar-
Miller's c-section is scheduled for 7:30 AM on Tuesday, January 10th
Yep, that's less than 3 months away.
Of course, as everyone keeps reminding me, he could come early. Let's hope not- it's just not going to work for me (once something is written in pen on my calendar I hate changing it! Not to mention, I'd like to get through the holidays. The idea of a Christmas or New Year's baby does not appeal to me. And no, another tax credit for this year is not worth it! It is amazing how many of these things have been said to me in the last month when I mention my due date.)
Here's a picture from Week 25-
I am shopping. I've already ordered outfits for Miller and Mary Grace for their first meeting in the hospital. And coming home outfits for both of them. And then, of course, I've picked up a few newborn things for Miller.
Brent aerated, fertilized and seeded the yard. And mulched. And planted flowers. Then he bought a deep freeze and a more family friendly car (it actually has a backseat- unlike his last car).
Mary Grace is figuring life as a big sister out in her own way. She seems to be very focused on preparing us. She constantly reminds us of what she will be allowed to do, how she will help, what Miller will not be allowed to touch, etc. Since she was so negative at first about being a big sister, Brent and I were more up front with her about how much Miller was going to change her life (we figured, it couldn't hurt since she was already pretty unhappy about the whole thing). We've reminded her how much he will cry, or require our attention. Hopefully she will be better prepared with a realistic idea of her life with a little brother around!
Miller's room has been a team effort. I did most of the planning and buying. Brent did most of the painting and putting furniture together. And Mary Grace has been underfoot every step of the way giving her opinion. She was a little bummed we didn't take her suggestion and paint his room pink to match hers. But she was very helpful and seems to enjoy being involved with the process!
No comments:
Post a Comment