This mischievous face gets away with murder...or at least tries to!
Seriously, the girl is 3 steps ahead of the excuse "the dog at my homework" already. It is truly frighting to think of what she's capable of telling us in the future. Here are a few recent examples:
Sarah: "Mary Grace, why didn't you listen?"
MG: "My ears just got so tired"
Sarah: "Mary Grace, why did you get in trouble for talking at school?"
MG: "Well, my heart of hearts really told me I needed to chat"
Sarah: "How did you get that boo boo on your foot?"
MG: "from the nails"
Sarah: "WHAT???" (slightly panicked)
MG: "You know Mooommm, from when I was nailed to the cross"
Sarah: "Uh, no. that was Jesus. That didn't happen to you"
MG: "oh, so you've heard that story?"
Sarah: "Mary Grace, can you please clean your playroom?"
MG: "I probably shouldn't...my heart just wouldn't be into making the effort"
Sarah: "How did the lamp fall over?"
MG: "I have absolutely no idea. I was just quietly sleeping when suddenly I heard a crash. I was as surprised as you, Moooommmm"
Sarah: "Mary Grace, why haven't you put your shoes on yet?"
MG: "Well, long story short."
Sarah: "uh huh?"
MG: "that's it. Just long story short."
Sarah: "Did you get the markers down without permission?"
MG: "No. They just fell off the shelf"
Sarah: "the box just randomly fell on the floor?"
MG: "Yes"
(long stare down)
MG: "I mean, I might have climbed on the futon and reached them. But they definitely fell on the floor. You can say 'your welcome' since I cleaned them up'"
Keeping.Us.On.Our.Toes
(can anyone blame us for waiting 4.5 years to have another???)
No comments:
Post a Comment