Friday, September 30, 2011

9

"What month is it, Mooooom?"
"September"
"No. The number."
"You mean the date?"
"No. (sigh) The number month."
"uhh, 9"
"Oh yeah, I knew that (eye roll)"
I swear, this conversation has taken place at least 3 or 4 times this month. I haven't quite figured out if her teacher is teaching them this concept, if she's way advanced in her thought process or if she's totally confused. Possibly a combination of all 3! And yes, somehow turning 4 has turned her into a teenager- I thought we had YEARS before she would talk to us like this!
So...here are pictures from the end of 9.


We've been spending a lot of time at our neighborhood park lately. We typically take a family walk after dinner and let Mary Grace ride her bike.




Today was Mary Grace's first 'Spirit Day' at school. Technically all this means is that the kids get to wear jeans and a school t-shirt or sweatshirt. Mary Grace could not have been more excited. She really thought Spirit Day was going to be amazing (didn't seem quite as enthusiastic when I picked her up though!)

A few weeks ago Brent's office helped host the Liberty Mutual Invitational for Habitat for Humanity. This was the 2nd year hosting the event and they had another great day of golf, fundraising, and networking. Mary Grace and I went out for the award ceremony, and donkey drop.
Brent had an idea for the tournament to generate more money for Habitat. They had a local news helicopter agree to drop Donkeys (the mascot from another company that helped sponsor the drop) over the putting green. All the donkeys were sold and marked with a number. The one closest to the hole won. It turned out to be a really fun addition to the tournament and a great money maker for Habitat!

I had to borrow this picture from the tournament website- I'm not sure how (or when) Mary Grace got put in charge of clean up!
I randomly turned around at a red light to see why she was so quiet...

1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

How does she have the best smile in the entire world? SO genuinely happy. Oh, that's right - cause she has you as a mom :) Miss you and can't wait to see you SOON!