As we enter the 4th Quarter (10 weeks from tomorrow is my c-section!) Miller's Room is about 95% complete!
I have to say, I love it! Not only does it look pretty cute, it has some very special items that mean A LOT to us!
Here is the view from the door-
Brent and I had these golf flags custom designed and made with Miller's initials. It is hard to see in the picture, but there is also the PGA logo guy next to each letter.
These "Rules of Golf" were one of the gifts Brent won last year in a Sale's Contest. Brent and I got to go to Savannah, GA for The Legends of Golf Tournament. Each night as we came in from dinner there was a gift on our bed. I love having a reminder of an amazing trip and also the reward for such hard work (Brent's hard work...not mine)!
This view is from the corner on the same side as the door. The framed golfer picture was in Brent's room growing up and the clubs over the closet door were from Brent's first set of clubs.
My incredibly talented and amazing friend, Kelly, painted this for us. It's hard to pick favorites, but this MIGHT be my favorite thing in the room!
Facing the other way in the room (standing by the chair) gets a little crazy. Brent REALLY wanted to hang his collection of flags, and although I typically go for more matchy-matchy...I'm glad we ended up putting them on the wall.
Each flag has a good story or memory. Brent has played most of the courses, was a member at 1 growing up, and he worked at 2 of the courses in high school. The only thing in the room of mine is a flag from the club where I worked as Membership Director before having Mary Grace. And then 1 or 2 of the flags were gifts from special friends who got to go to great tournaments.
The golf ball holder currently holds a few of Brent's favorite golf balls from trips or events. We're hoping to replace his collection soon and start a new one for Miller.
The golf bag was Brent's Dad's (Pops) first golf bag, and the clubs inside the bag were my Dad's first set of clubs!
Over the door we hung my dad's first driver and one from Pop's collection.
After a huge furniture debate we ended up getting Mary Grace a new bed (we turned the crib into a bed last year when we moved to Lexington) and took the huge dresser/changing table out of her room too. So these two furniture pieces were originality hers. Her room looks very similar with the new stuff and as soon as she cleans it up I will post new pictures of her room!
No comments:
Post a Comment