Sunday, October 16, 2011

Carter (and family)

Last weekend one of Mary Grace's best friends- Carter- came to visit us with his mom and little brother. It was so great having them in town and we were able to pack a ton of activities into their 4 days with us.
As I was going through all the pictures I realized I really need to break their stay into several blog posts. There are just too many good pictures and stories to squeeze into one post!
They arrived on Sunday and we headed over to Keeneland. This was Mary Grace's first time actually seeing the races. I think all the kids were very entertained and really enjoyed it!

Mary Grace, Carter and Rylan





When we arrived at the track we looked for a place to stand right up front and ended up sharing a space with this very sweet couple from Nashville. They told us they were in the music business, but left the statement pretty vague. Mary Grace heard and immediately told them she wanted to be a singer/songwriter. She shared her obsession with Taylor Swift and they asked her if she could sing one of Taylor's songs. Mary Grace said no, she'd rather perform her own song- "When I was 1 I didn't Like Pickles."
She got really into it- complete with dancing, hand motions and multiple verses. The day went on and I got busy taking pictures, buying popcorn and keeping an eye on the 3 kids- but Brent continued talking to the couple and got to know them a bit better. After we left the track Brent informed me that the very ordinary guy we spent all afternoon talking to was a member of the band Alabama!
We had really debated taking Mary Grace to Keeneland for the races, but I'm so glad we did. She really enjoyed it, and I think Carter and Rylan did too!
After Keeneland we went home and the kids played outside for a while before bed.
Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, and Pumpkins, and Firetrucks (OH MY)...coming soon!

No comments: