Thursday, September 15, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep...

Tonight at dinner Mary Grace asked if we could say the prayer her little bunny says (she has a pink bunny that you squeeze and it says this prayer). I know it is totally random to say a bedtime prayer, but we're encouraging her memorization so we say all sorts of prayers at meals.
Here's how her version went:
"Now my lamby goes to sleep.
I pray the Lord my house to keep.
The angels watch me through the night,
Until I wake.
Good morning, light!"
Slightly off in a few spots. Brent and I couldn't help but laugh and immediately know that we wanted to blog this precious moment so we didn't forget!
PS. Just for anyone who doesn't know- the words should be "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. The angels watch me through the night, until I wake in morning light"

No comments: