Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Tomboy

I haven't quite figured Mary Grace out yet. At first glance, she's ALL girl. She constantly wants to wear dresses, jewelry, and hair accessories. Her favorite possessions are her shoes. She applies 'yipstick' (lipstick) like a pro, and enjoys having her finger nails painted. However, her activity of choice is playing outside. Most specifically, in the dirt.

Last weekend after the reunion we took her to Brent's Great Uncle's peach farm (same place we picked peaches 2 summers ago) to let her run around for a while before the long car ride back to Knoxville.




Since Brent had been out of town for 8 days prior to the reunion weekend (New Orleans and Miami...tough life, huh?) we were anxious to get home Sunday morning. We stayed long enough to have an early lunch with his parents. While they were getting ready we decided to check out the new park down the street from their house. It is FABULOUS! We can't wait to go back!

Mary Grace and I are both obsessed with her cowgirl boots! Soon they'll be replaced with flip flops and I couldn't help but wonder as I took this picture if this would be her last time wearing them.


Hopefully next time we're in Knoxville we'll have some time to see our friends. We're missing them like crazy!

No comments: