Monday, July 25, 2011

Second Edition

That's What She Said...Second Edition


Mary Grace keeps us on our toes! She is such an outspoken, outgoing, chatter box. I can honestly say, I never know what to expect when she opens her mouth. She can jump from a question about death, to a statement about Disney princesses, follow it up with a never ending story about markers, and finish with "do you think Daddy would kick a squirl if he was eating his golf ball?" It is really hard to keep up with her mind!!!

Over the last couple of weeks I've written down a few things that have made me laugh out loud or shake my head...

At a play date I was holding a friend's baby (like an 11 month old baby). Mary Grace walked by and casually said to me "oh, you had your baby"


On a road trip-

Mary Grace: "Are we on the Internet?"

Brent: "No, the interstate baby."

Mary Grace: "No Dad! The IN-TER-NET. Will my i-pad work?"



At a baseball game-

"can we get some of that hairy pink stuff?"

(cotton candy. And sadly, Brent knew exactly what she was talking about)






Sam is one of Mary Grace's best friends. The other day I had the two of them in the backseat of my car and I LOVED listening to their conversations-

Sam: "My light saver can light up" (Boy McD's happy meal toy)


MG: "My girl's hair smells like a candle" (girl McD's toy)


long pause


Sam: "That's not cool"


pause


MG: "You're not cool"






Another good Sam/MG conversation-


Sam: "My favorite food is mustard"


MG: "That's not a food. It's a continent"


Sarah: "Condiment"


MG: "con..uh...dip. Its just dip"






Mary Grace has a newish clock in her room. It turns green when it is morning (typically 8AM). After a late night I decided change the 'morning' time to 9 so Mary Grace would sleep in a bit. Unfortunately, she is a smarty pants. She walked into our room and announced-



"my clock must be broken. It says 8, but it isn't green. Broken!"




A lot of our conversations these days center around the baby and Mary Grace has taken on a few pregnancy characteristics. She will make comments like-


"I froed up. Thats cause I have a baby in my belly"


and my favorite, she has said in public SEVERAL times-


"I'm just feeling really pregnant right now"




Last night on the way home from dinner she said-


"when I grow up I want to be a mommy. And the daddy is going to be Florida Cooper"



OH, and a relatively new thing- she refers to me as "Mother" now. It think it comes from the movie Tangled. I'm not a big fan of my new title so hopefully the phase won't last long. Although, it is kind of amusing to watch people's reactions when she calls me that in public!


Fun times at the pool with best friends-


Annabelle, Eva, Johanna, Bryce, Mary Grace and Sam Gillian, Mary Grace and Mallory formed a "rock band"


It was quite an entertaining show!


If I turn Mary Grace loose in the backyard for two seconds she ends up covered in mud!


A few weekends ago we tried our hand at making ice cream (without using our ice cream maker...we wanted Mary Grace to be able to participate)


It actually turned out pretty good!









1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

Best. Post. Ever.
She couldn't be more hysterical, entertaining, adorable, precious, etc. etc.
Love her!!!!