Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Mary Grace's St. Patrick's Day
We had to pre-game the green breakfast meal (Monday night) since we were headed to Nashville for a few days this week...she didn't really know the difference and enjoyed the rare opportunity to have breakfast for dinner.
Green Eggs and Green Pancakes!
Mary Grace was a huge fan of the green 'cakes' and ate 3! She wasn't quite as excited about the eggs (I don't blame her, look how gross they look!), but she did try them.
Mary Grace also helped make Shamrock cookies (and by 'helped' I mean she played quietly in her own kitchen and let me do all the work!)

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Nashville. Brent had a meeting and we hung out with his co-worker's wives and their kids- Amy and Cooper and Jen, Caleb and Greyson. Jen had us over on Tuesday for playtime and pizza. Then on Wednesday we all went to a cute place in Belle Meade called The Monkey's Treehouse.
It didn't really occur to me to get my camera out until the very end. I wish I'd gotten better pictures because the place was really neat and the kids were cute together!
Mary Grace and Cooper playing at the hotel
Mary Grace was back in school today. Part of our morning routine on the way to school is for me to ask Mary Grace her Bible Verse. She has a new one each month and she's doing a really great job memorizing it quickly. This month's Bible verse, in honor of Easter, is "He is not here. He has risen, just as He said." This morning I asked Mary Grace and she instantly said "He is not here." I prompted her by saying "why is He not here?" and she responded "Because He went to Kroger." I nearly spit my coke across the car. I love the things that come out of her mouth these days!

No comments: