Mary Grace's teachers told me their "favorite Mary Grace story" the other day. Apparently, they were going over body parts and having the kids point out where they were located. Mrs. Herbert asked everyone to find their ankles. Mary Grace looked down at her Boots and cried out "I don't have ankles. Just boots with yea-eggs in them." This upset a few of the other kids in class and they pointed out for the rest of the day, "Mary Grace doesn't have ankles." Thank goodness winter is over (I am officially declaring it over in my house!), the boots will be packed away, and Mary Grace will hopefully realize that she has ankles! 



First beautiful day of the spring- Mary Grace is back outside mowing the grass (I'm not sure Daddy shares in her enthusiasm!)
Today I also learned a lesson. Don't try to teach your 2 year old anything new- she will drive you crazy the rest of the day! Actual conversation (abreviated, of course, since this lasted about 2 hours!)
Mary Grace: I yike the clouds. I yike the trees. The birds are singin'
Me: Yeah, all of that is called nature. The stuff outside. Can you think of something else that is nature?
Mary Grace: umm, prolly, grass.
Me: GOOD! Grass is part of nature. What else?
Mary Grace: umm, prolly, boats.
Me: Well, no. Boats are outside. But they aren't nature. Nature is the stuff that God makes.
Mary Grace: God made me. But I not outside. Am I nature?
Me (totally stumpped at this point on how to explain it): Umm...want to play with play-doh?
5 MINUTES LATER
Mary Grace: Mommy, I made a turtle. Is it nature?
Me: Uhh, well, no. I mean, a turtle is part of nature. But not your play-doh one.
Mary Grace: Oh. So my animals not nature?
Me: No, all of YOUR animals are not nature. But real animals are nature.
Mary Grace: Like Maddie!
Me: Umm, I'm not really sure if house pets qualify as nature....are you ready for lunch??
Haha! I am SO not prepared for this inquisitive stage!!! We might start using the "phone a friend" option...so be ready for Mary Grace's endless questions if your phone rings!
4 comments:
awh, this made me smile!
Love it! You guys should "cha cha" those questions. They will text you back with the answers!
This is hilarious! I can't wait for this age! Give MG a hug from me!
LOVE it :) What I would give to hear these conversations...you're such an amazing mom sar!! Love y'all!
Post a Comment