Thursday, February 10, 2011

Slow Start

February is off to a slow start (picture wise.)
Last week we ALL came down with a nasty stomach bug. Mary Grace started throwing up Tuesday morning, I got sick Wednesday night and Brent had it by Friday morning. Yuck! Needless to say, almost a week went by without any pictures.
We were sad to miss out on lots of fun things we had planned, but we've been trying to make up for it this week!



Last Sunday we HAD to get out of the house (5 days is a LONG time to be stuck at home with a 3 year old!) Mary Grace's cousin Owen asked us to do a school project for him. His class is participating in the Flat Stanley Project (www.flatstanleyproject.com) Basically, the idea behind the project is to dress your paper doll up like a native and take him around your city taking pictures. As we jumped tourist spots, I was surprised by how many people knew what we were doing. I think Mary Grace really enjoyed the project and she's already hoping she gets to do the same project in a few years...watch out, you might just find a Flat Stanley in your mailbox in a few years. Brent and I've already discussed the possible cities our Flat Stanley could visit (a pretty impressive and exciting list!)
Here is our Flat Stanley, dressed as a horse jockey, at Keeneland.
Of course, the day wouldn't have been complete if Mary Grace hadn't fallen and skinned both knees (ruining yet ANOTHER pair of tights!)
Since we were downtown taking some pictures we ate at a new pizza place. We're very proud of our little girl- she managed to eat this whole slice even though it was clearly bigger than her!
This week has been exceptionally busy. We've been trying to play catch up and cram a lot in. Today things came to a screeching halt when I pulled into the school parking lot and found it completely deserted. Woops! Guess I should check the school closings a little closer next time! My friend, Ruth, invited Mary Grace to come play for a bit so I dropped her off with her buddy Sam and had some nice free time. After I picked her up we met up with Brent and went to see Tangled (the new-ish Disney movie).
She absolutely LOVED it and immediately proclaimed it her 'new favorite'
In other news- Mary Grace has decided to shake things up a bit around here. Friday I walked into her room during nap to find her 'painting' the walls with a huge tub of Vaseline. And yesterday she played car wash with 2 big bottles of lotion and her stuffed animals. Clearly, we need to do some baby proofing again...but SERIOUSLY??? FYI- Vaseline does not come off the wall.

1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

She's a lil wild child!!! Glad you're all feeling better!! Let's chat soon - love you!