Mary Grace started her dance lessons today.
Her class is called "Tippy Toes, Tap and Tumble." She has been so excited to start dance and really enjoyed shopping for new clothes and shoes!


New Ballet Shoes
New Tap Shoes (she is OBSESSED with these!)
New Dance Bag
Mary Grace did really well in class! She was a good listener and participated in everything. It is fun to watch her! She is very precise. She usually observed what she was supposed to be doing for a little longer than the other girls, but when she finally did the "move," it was almost always done correctly. Since Mary Grace walks on her tippy toes most of the time anyway, she had NO problem doing it during the whole 1 hour class!
While Brent lived in Lexington without us, he joined a golf club and spent many evenings on the driving range. Now that Mary Grace and I are here Brent hasn't been able to spend quite as much time there. A few weeks ago Mary Grace and I went along.



Brent's office was able to host a Liberty Mutual Invitational golf tournament. It was very exciting to be a part of it and the proceeds were going to Habitat for Humanity. The weather could not have been more amazing that day and there was a great turnout! We got a babysitter for Mary Grace so that I could be on hand to help out, and also our good friend (and Liberty employee), Theresa, was in town to help too!



Pre-hair cut (straightened out):
Post hair cut:
Mary Grace is still loving her playground!

Mary Grace's Big Girl Room
Before Mary Grace arrived in Lexington I painted her room and had it all put together. After we got it all together, Brent and I decided she needed a bedside table. Fortunately we were able to find a cute little children's store up here that sells Munire furniture and we were able to order from the same collection as her other furniture (unfortunately, it took 6 weeks to get it...so we just put the finishing touch on her room yesterday!)





She is doing REALLY well in the bed. She has "magic rails" that we put up at nap and bedtime. And we have told her that she is not allowed to climb in and out of the bed by herself (so PLEASE, no one tell her that she can!!!!)
1. One of Mary Grace's favorite books right now is "Jonah and the Whale" (Thanks Aunt BB and Uncle David). We read it quite often! In the story Jonah is told to go to Nivea. And now, whenever Mary Grace is pretending, she goes to Nivea. Her babies go to Nivea, her trains go to Nivea, etc. It is funny to hear her use such a grown up word/place on a regular basis!
2. Mary Grace has hit a new level of dramatic. She has a phrase that she uses often-
"My FAVORITE foot is hurt," "My FAVORITE toe is broken," "My FAVORITE finger needs a band aid."
3. Mary Grace is learning about Adam and Eve in school. Her teacher told me that she announced to the class "I know Mr. Adam, he's my friend. But I don't know Eve."
4. In dance class today when they called roll they asked each girl to name their favorite movie. I was curious to see what Mary Grace said since we hardly ever watch movies. I assumed she would copy whatever the girl before her said, but instead she said "ACTUALLY, I yike to read books." Haha, she is such a dork!!
3 comments:
wow she def. doesn't take after her mom on the the movie front unless it is magazines...couldn't resist. love and miss ya'll
Tell Mary Grace that Ms. Amber "yikes to read books" too :)
She's so precious! I love being able to keep up with what's going on with you guys. Have a great weekend! Love you guys!
Wow, she keeps getting more precious, and you keep amazing me at what a great mom you are :) So proud of you Sar. Love you all SO Much!
Post a Comment