Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Birthday Party

Mary Grace's 3rd Birthday Party










Nana and Mary Grace


Mary Grace REALLY enjoyed everyone singing happy birthday to her! She blew out her candles without help and then said "okay, now you guys can have cupcakes and we can sing again." I think she wanted everyone to have a cupcake with candles!






I was too busy handing out cupcakes to notice, but when I went back to Mary Grace's place I realized she just ate the icing off the top and didn't touch the cake part.



We did a horrible job of taking pictures of everyone throughout the night. The kids spent most of the evening in the basement with all the toys and only ventured upstairs for pizza, cake and presents. I wish I had gotten a group picture, or even pictures that included everyone. Sorry for everyone I missed!




Adam, Ashley, Ellie, Darren, Beckett, Brady, Nicklaus, and Mary Grace


Erin, Matt, Lily, Cooper, Brian, Rylan, Carter and Meghan

Mimzie and Owen

GrandMary, Blair, Lauren, Owen and Janet

David, Matt, Bob and Brent

Janet and Brooke

Brent and Traci

Mary Grace, Sarah, Brooke, Blair, Lauren and Mimzie

Opening presents...















Decorating the house was almost too easy! We framed a bunch of pictures of Mary Grace wearing her UT clothes. And other than that, we pretty much just drug out everything Orange!

I had a great plan to make orange lemonade. About 30 minutes before the party started I put a tiny bit of red dye in the yellow lemonade. It turned pink. So then I added more red. Like WAY too much. I ended up having to add 2 whole bottles of yellow dye to turn it this color orange. My child wasn't drinking it...but I apologize if anyone's kids still have orange teeth!



My friend Amy made this incredible banner for Mary Grace. It was truly a work of art and I love it so much. I'm seriously considering leaving it hanging up year round because it is so cute!

Thank you Amy! I can't wait to take you to lunch next time we're together!

Mary Grace loved every second of her birthday party this year. She loved helping plan it and talking about it for weeks leading up to the big day. On the day of her party I put her down for her nap and she was WAY too excited to sleep. She spent the entire time singing happy birthday to herself in her bed!




I still can't believe we're celebrating her 3rd birthday. Each year, her parties have been special and unique, but mostly they have been incredible because of the people who join us. We're thankful for so many family members and friends who help make her birthday so special!

3 comments:

Ms. McMahon said...

1) She's getting sooo big - I actually had a dream about her last night, but can't remember details
2) No wonder you didn't have a group shot - your professional photographer, ahem, wasn't there ;)
3) LOVE your mom's hair!!!
4) Thanks for finally updating blog!!

the harrison family said...

i can't believe you have a 3 year old! super cute party...can't go wrong with UT orange. :) hope y'all have a safe move. i'll be thinking about y'all.

Unknown said...

LOVE the UT theme :)
And your mom's hair looks WONDERFUL!
Love to all!