I have to start by saying that we, hands down, have the best mom's in the world. Brent and I are so fortunate to have mom's, grandmothers, aunts and so many wonderful mom role models in our life!
My amazing husband and daughter celebrated ALL weekend long in honor of Mother's Day. I got all my favorites- pizza, ice cream (Brusters), Mexican cheese dip, Starbucks, burgers (Red Robin), ice cream (Maggie Moos), spinach con queso (American cafe) AND peanut butter pie. Yum! Best 3 parts of the weekend- sleeping in, no dishes, and none of those calories counted! Oh, and spending time with my two favorite people!
Mary Grace made me a place mat at school and her class helped bake brownies and stir lemonade for all the mommies. So sweet!


Brent took a ton of pictures of Mary Grace and I on Saturday afternoon- this is the only one where he didn't chop off my head (in his defense, the sun was behind him and it was impossible to see the camera screen).
It might have been Mother's Day weekend, but Mary Grace will always be a Daddy's girl!
Mary Grace ALWAYS picks Strawberry ice cream when she gets a choice. And recently she wants it in a cone.

One thing I've really tried to do lately is record all the funny/sweet/ cute things that come out of Mary Grace's mouth these days. I know, all too soon, she will be a bit older and I will forget the moments and conversations of today. Here are my top 5 favorite things she has said this week (in no particular order):
1. Talking to her stuffed animals, baby dolls, and myself: "Now let's all sit like an Indian."
2. "Put it away" -referring to Blair, her baby cousin that I was holding.
3. This conversation was relayed by her teacher:
Mrs. Herbert was talking to Mary Grace about her Daddy and Mary Grace told her "I dream about my Daddy."
4. Walking down the stairs:
Mary Grace: "Can you hold my hand Mommy?"
Me: "No, Mommy doesn't have a free hand"
Mary Grace: "Does your hand cost money?"
5. Conversation with Mimzie about coming to her house later in the week
Mimzie: "will you bring some toys with you?"
Mary Grace: "Yes. I will bring your convertible BACK"
(implying that she was planning on taking Mimzie's car with her!)
1 comment:
I love all of her sayings - too cute! We also celebrated the weekend with way too much food - yum!!
Post a Comment