Friday, April 16, 2010

Prayers

I've been meaning to add this memory to a random blog, but the other night I ended up just taking a video and now it can have its own separate blog. Since Mary Grace was a baby we have been singing a blessing with her at every meal. Mary Grace takes it VERY seriously! Before she could sing with us, she would always insist that we sing it for her saying "pay" as we sat down at the table. Even for snacks or sips of milk/water she asks if we can "pay." Recently she has become even more independent (a.k.a. bratty) and no longer wants us to sing with her. And for whatever reason she likes to sing her "school payer" instead of the one we've taught her. The one on the video is the school prayer which seems to be a combination of the one we sing and the one that they actually sing at school. I think she gets a bit confused because they have a similar tune! She also feels like we need to re-sing if anyone gets seconds. It is hard to assure her that God blessed all of the food the first time around!

Also, Mary Grace has taken a new interest in her bedtime prayer. As we are praying she will always add stuff like "Talk about Daddy" or "Talk about my broken toe." And I especially love when she makes comments like "ask Him about me not sharing" and "ask Him about my missing cup." She especially loves praying for all of her school friends and we MUST list all 11 of them by name! I think she has realized that the longer she keeps me praying, the more extended her bedtime gets! Our biggest debate is do we let her talk and add things? Or should we be teaching her to listen more and not interrupt when someone is praying?

Overall, it is really sweet and heartwarming that Mary Grace enjoys prayers so much!

1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

LOVE this!!!!
AMEN!!! Sometimes I feel that way too before I'm about to eat. She's too cute for words!