Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dear Santa...

On Friday after reading a new book about a penguin who writes a note to Santa (Thanks Aunt Ashley!), Mary Grace asked if she could write her Santa letter. Brent and I have been talking to her a lot about Christmas. She can tell you that we celebrate Christmas because it is "Baby Jesus' birthday" and she also knows all about Santa. Several of our friends have given us the idea to blend the two stories by using Santa to symbolize the gifts of the wise men. We have told her that she can ask Santa for 3 gifts.
That being said, when we sat down to write this letter I wanted it to be authentic Mary Grace. I did nothing to direct any of these words, other than asking "What else do you want to tell Santa?" a few times. I think it turned out pretty cute...
"Dear Santa, Please can I have a present? I need toys. I like the play-dough at school. I need a tunnel. I'm a good girl. I like to jump. Thank you! Love, Mary Grace"

After we wrote the note, I asked her to draw a picture on the back of the toys she wanted so that Santa would know exactly what to bring.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like to jump. That's awesome.

Stephanie Frings said...

Dave and I both burst out laughing at her letter! Thank you making it "authentic" Mary Grace. My favorite part was "I like to jump.". Thanks for sharing!