Thursday, July 22, 2010

I and J

"I" Week Mary Grace's Great Aunt Fran sent her an email with "I" suggestions. One of her suggestions was to build an IGLOO with sugar cubes. Directions were not included, but it sounded simple enough. I didn't really think the project through because construction was well under way before it occurred to me that it was close to impossible to just stack sugar cubes together without anything holding them together. We worked really hard on our IGLOO and it actually looked pretty authentic. I ran to grab the camera, and Mary Grace picked up the tray to show it off. She tipped it just enough that the whole thing fell apart. She was really upset in this picture...
...but cheered up considerably when I told her the IGLOO was edible!
Mary Grace got to go see her very first movie in the movie theater-
ICE Age 3
And after the movie we went out for ICE CREAM
We cooked ITALIAN twice last week-
Spaghetti
and homemade pizza

"J" Week
JELL-O
One of our really good friends from Florida, Teri, made this JELL-O dish for a party. I have honestly been looking forward to making it ever since, but I've never really had the right opportunity. How fun is this?
We also made JAMBALAYA this week (okay, not quite from scratch)
JUMPING at a bounce place
Carter, Meghan and Mary Grace
This was the second time I've taken Mary Grace to one of those huge inflatable-filled warehouse type places. Mary Grace loves it!


No comments: