Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little Valentine

Mary Grace has really enjoyed preparing for Valentine's Day this year!
Valentine Picture 2010 Mary Grace and I went to Target and I let her pick out Valentines for her friends at school. She, of course, chose 'princess' ones (the other ones that caught her eye were Barbie and Hannah Montana. Considering she doesn't even know what either of those are yet, I'm glad she went with what she knew! It was fun letting her pick even though the control freak in me wasn't quite ready to let her make that decision!)

Watching the Super Bowl with Daddy-
She must have been good luck because after we put her to bed the Colts went down hill fast!


Its hard to tell in the picture, but Mary Grace has her shoes on backwards. She is VERY independent and wants to do everything by herself, including getting dressed! I can't help but think of the line from a song "my little blue-eyed blond with shoes on wrong 'cause she likes to dress herself" It is SO her right now!



Two quick Mary Grace stories:
1. Unfortunately she has started saying "no" to us a lot when we ask her to do something. She KNOWS she is supposed to say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir" and so now if we ask her to do something she doesn't want to do she will reply "yes ma'am, I won't." What a little stinker!
2. A few weeks ago Brent and I left Mary Grace with her Mimzie and Pops for the weekend. She went to one of Aunt BB's baby showers where Brooke received 3 bathtub fish- 2 were little, 1 was big. Mary Grace declared the big one "Daddy fish" and someone asked her why (even though, obviously, it made sense because it was big). However, Mary Grace replied very mater of factly "Because he's orange." Duh, LOVE our little Vol!!!

No comments: