Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa

Santa 2010 Clearly Mary Grace wasn't thrilled about Santa again this year (Santa doesn't look too excited about her either!) The whole thing was kind of bizarre- for weeks Mary Grace has been begging to go talk to Santa. We saw him briefly last weekend and the child in front of her totally freaked out. I thought we had prepared her (uh, bribed her) enough before our appointment today that she was going to be fine....obviously not.
Santa Village (all smiles)...
...turns the corner, spots Santa, and starts freaking out!
As soon as we got home Mary Grace asked if we could write Santa a letter since she wasn't able to verbally tell Santa her wish list. So here is this year's letter- straight out of Mary Grace's mouth:
"Dear Santa Claus, Thank you for Spider Man, a boat, and a car. I'm very good Santa. We're in Lexington, KY now. You are in the North Pole. Fly in your sleigh. The reindeer pull. Follow the GPS. Please keep the reindeer out of our living room this year. Good-bye" And, at our prompting, "Love, Mary Grace"
I find it very concerning that Mary Grace is even willing to boss around Santa! Yikes! Also, I have NO idea where her wish list came from, but she has been asking for those same 3 things since sometime around Halloween. Expensive taste! Oh, and for clarification purposes we've asked what kind of Spider Man she wants and she responds "ya know, just the real one."
The scribble on the opposite side of the page is Mary Grace's note to herself. Yep, to herself! Brent and I asked her what it said and the note went something like this "Dear Mary Grace, Thank you for being so good this year. Good job. Love, Mary Grace."
Since we were all dressed up we decided to take a few pictures in front of our tree-


First time we've ever set the timer on our camera. Mary Grace loved it! She 'helped' me set it and then enjoyed running to get in the picture.



1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

THat's AMAZING!!! Follow the GPS and make sure those reindeer stay out of the living room! She cracks me up - and LOVE her imagination!!!
P.S. - I would've cried too if that's what Santa looks like!