Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twenty-Three

This is Mary Grace's last official counted month:
twenty-three.
I always hated when I asked someone how old their kid was and they answered in months (especially after the age of 1). I mean, 14 months...yep, the child is 1 year old...why not just say so? That is, until I had a child of my own. I now know the difference between a 14 month old and a 19 month old is simply too much to be covered by the statement "1 year old."
That being said, I refuse to count months anymore. After this month we will have a two year old (although mentally, she turned two several months ago!)



First braids. Yes, I had to bribe her to sit still that long.
And no, I probably won't do it again for a while!
First craft Mary Grace did beginning to end herself. We learned about butterflies at Books & Blooms and then she colored, bent the antlers and clipped her craft together all by herself.




2 comments:

Allyson said...

I didn't know you had a blog! She is so precious. I can't believe she is almost 2! Wow.

To answer your question from my blog--yes, there's a blackberry patch right across from their office. We also went off of Pellissippi on the other side of the fence, too. Redneck, I know. :) But it was free and lots of fun! Just wear long pants if you go so you don't get pricked like Gavin!

Stephanie Frings said...

She is so cute! She looks like she has a lot of energy - fun!